|Selling price||: Consult us|
|Charges||: Consult us|
|Fees||: Consult us|
Condition: Very good
Living space: 104 m²
Land space: 106 m²
Number of rooms: 2
Number of floors: 2
Number of bathrooms: 1
Heating type: Heating central
A superbly designed fully renovated property in the heart of the traditional Cretan village close to Vamos.
This house is set on two levels, with a ground floor traditional kitchen featuring a stone sink, light blue and white cupboards and a center work unit, dining room (or 2nd bedroom) and good sized shower room with modern fittings.
The upper floor has a fantastic open living area leading a private upper terrace and a large double bedroom. The property also has central heating making it suitable for all year round living.
A second external staircase leads back down to the secluded courtyard with a large stone archway leading back into the covered seating area outside the kitchen.
House is located in a beautiful small village 3 km from the village Vamos which is the capital of the Municipality. In this area well known as Apokoronas are some of the most traditional villages of west Crete. This house seems to be perfectly situated between the mountains and the sandy beach of Almirida. The distance from the beach by car is less than 10 minutes, Chania city is 30 minutes.
The house used to belong to Rodousakis family.
The house was built before 1900, that is why we can see very old parts of ruins incorporated in the existing old stone walls in the interior of the house.
The renovation of the house began in March of 2007 and was completed in October of 2008.
All the job was supervised from Civil Engineer and Architect specialized in restorations.
- Plastered internal and external stone walls
- Wooden doors, windows and shutters made of pine wood all in traditional style
- Double glazed windows
- Double wooden middle floor with concrete between the two coats of floor boards to avoid provision of noise to the downstairs areas
- Wooden interior staircase
- Tiled bathroom walls and floor
- Tiled interior floors of kitchen and ground floor bedroom
- Stone worktop with wooden cabinets and traditional stone sink in the kitchen including taps
- Stone bench with sink, toilet and tiled built shower area in the bathroom including taps
- Electric installation job including plugs, switches and light points for all the areas
- Internal and external
- Plumping of toilet and kitchen area (provision for washing machine under interior staircase)
- Solar panel of 160 l
- Central heating
- Water taps outside
- Water based varnish, nontoxic, of all the wooden parts as roof, staircase, middle floor, kitchen cabinets, staircase, interior and exterior doors and windows
- Stone paved upstairs terrace and exterior stone staircase
- Stone paved courtyard
- Stone benches and flower beds
- The house is connected with the local electric power and water supply system
- Near the beach
- Parking spaces